In our house we hate wasting food so when I saw these mushrooms expired two days after I bought them I knew I had to act fast! This mushroom sauce takes about 20 mins to prep and is great with rice!
What you’ll need:
– 5-7 medium sized mushrooms chopped!
– 1 cup of milk or heavy cream
– 2 Tablespoons Flour
– 1/2 cup White wine (I know shocker)
– Two cloves garlic, minced
– Olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 cup shredded cheese is your choice, I used motz because we had some that needed to be used.
• In a medium sized sauce pan simmer garlic in olive oil until fragrant.
• Add in chopped mushrooms and cook for about 7 mins
• Add salt and pepper to taste
• Add white wine, simmer for about 2 mins
• Add milk, then add your flour and whisk.
*I only used a couple of teaspoons but if you like your sauce consistency to be either thinner or thicker adjust accordingly.
• add in cheese and continue to whisk until melted
• Serve over rice and enjoy!